Generally, from Monday to Thursday, Molly works long days representing residents of the South West in the European Parliament in either Brussels or Strasbourg. However, at weekends and during occasional ‘constituency weeks’ she attends as many events and meets as many people and groups as possible in the South West. Below is a list of upcoming events she will attend.
If you would like Molly to attend an event, please check below to see she is not already booked on that date/time and contact Steve Hynd, constituency coordinator, with details of your request.
Saturday 15th September
- Molly will be speaking at ‘Banks got bailed out, we got sold out #ChangeFinance now’ alongside speakers such as John McDonnell MP, Paul Mason, to mark 10 years since the start of the financial crash and demanding the reform of the financial system and an end to austerity. The event will take place from 11:30 to 13:00 in front of the Bank of England in London (1 Royal Exchange Business Centres).
Thursday 20th September
- Molly will be at the launch of Sandy 4 Mayor – the campaign for the Green Party candidate Sandy Hore-Ruthven as Bristol city mayor, from 6pm to 7pm at The Station, Silver Street, Bristol, BS1 2AG.
Friday 5th – Sunday 7th October
- Molly will be attending the Green Party of England and Wales Autumn Conference at Bristol City Hall, College Green, BS1 5TR. She will be speaking at the ‘Fringe: A Green Voice in Europe – Meet your MEPs’ on the saturday at 9:00 to 10:15, location tbc.
Saturday 20th October
- Molly will be speaking at the North Wiltshire Sustainability Day 2018, which takes place from 9am to 7pm in Chippenham Town Hall, High Street, Chippenham, SN15 3ER, Wiltshire.You can register here.
Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st October
- Molly will be attending the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament’s annual conference and AGM in the centre of Bristol, in Wills Memorial Building, Park Street, University of Bristol.
Tuesday 30th October
- Molly will be giving a talk on Climate Crisis and Human Security at 7:30pm in the Friend’s Meeting House, York Street, Bath BA1 1NG. The event is free but you do have to register for a ticket, which you can do here. The facebook event can be found here.
Thursday 1st November
- 2018 Peace Lecture Molly Scott Cato, at the Huddersfield Quaker Meeting House (Church Street, Paddock, Huddersfield, HD1 4TR). On Thursday 1st November at 19:30 Molly will give the Huddersfield Quaker Meeting’s annual peace lecture.
Sunday 4th November
- Is Capitalism Unsustainable? Molly joins Prof. Kevin Anderson , Prof. Robert Pollin, Prof. Giorgos Kallis, and Maeve Cohen at the University of Manchester, Lecture Theatre B, University Place, 176 Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. The event starts at 18:00 and is free but you need to register here.
Tuesday 6th to Thursday 8th November
- Molly will be speaking at the 2018 Climate Innovation Summit, Europe’s leading event on climate innovation and which focuses on the finance needed to accelerate climate action, on the 6th november at 15:00 (title and location tbc). The event will take place in Dublin Castle, Dublin.
Thursday 6th December
- Desert Island Books: Books & Europe. Exploring the shape of our past (and future) relationship with Europe. From 19:00 to 21:00 at Redland Library, BS8 2QG, Bristol. You can find the facebook event here.
*We try our hardest to keep this list up-to-date but to avoid disappointment you should check directly with the event organiser.