Generally, from Monday to Thursday, Molly works long days representing residents of the South West in the European Parliament in either Brussels or Strasbourg. However, at weekends and during occasional ‘constituency weeks’ she attends as many events and meets as many people and groups as possible in the South West. Below is a list of upcoming events she will attend.
If you would like Molly to attend an event, please check below to see she is not already booked on that date/time and contact Steve Hynd, constituency coordinator, with details of your request.
Wednesday 25th April
- Financing EU agriculture after 2020: what future for the CAP? As a member of the AGRI Committee in the European Parliament, Molly will be contributing her insight to the discussion on the practical implementation of the new post-2020 CAP and how to ensure it works for every citizen. The event will take place in Brussels. More information here >>>
Monday 30th April
- Brexit: the view from Brussels. Molly Scott-Cato will will using her experience of being a Member of the European Parliament to give a frank account of Brexit as seen from the ‘other side’. This talk will take place at the Stratford-upon-Avon College. More information here >>>
Friday 4th May
- May Coffee House Meeting. Molly will join the regular Stroud District Green Party meeting taking place at the Star Anise Arts Cafe in Stroud to give an update from Brussels on the subject of sustainable finance which will be followed by an interractive discussion. More information here >>>
Sunday 10th June
- Green Scythe Fair. After a lively debate with George Monbiot on flooding, Molly has been asked back to the Scythe Fair in Muchelney, Somerset to discuss ‘Post-Brexit Agriculture’ (see the report Molly published on this subject here). More information on the fair here >>>
Friday 15th June
- Rethinking national security in a global context. Molly will be speaking in the opening plenary looking at on a panel at ‘The Case for New Approaches to National Security’. The conference will be held at Friend’s House, Euston, London. More information here >>>
Saturday and Sunday 16th and 17th June
- South West Green Party AGM. Molly will be speaking at the conference to be held at the Dorchester Corn exchange. More details to follow shortly >>>
Saturday 23rd June
- A European perspective on the refugee crisis. Molly will be addressing Quakers at Redland Friend’s House in Bristol. More details to follow >>>
*We try our hardest to keep this list up-to-date but to avoid disappointment you should check directly with the event organiser.